Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My trainee


I am being replaced.
I told my boss that I'm leaving for a new job with a higher salary long ago. He soooooo wanted me to stay but said nothing about my salary,neither to improve it nor even just talk about it. Ok, whatever! The reason I wanna leave is not about the salary. It's about what I can learn and what challanges I can face.The time staying in the current company is long enough to make me feel bored with the job when I see nothing more for me to learn. Then I gotta move on, move on move on!!!
And today, I have a trainee, who is employed by my managers to replace me soon. She used to be a teacher in a countryside area and she has no knowledge or experiences in business. So the job is totally a big shock to her about everything. How to deal with things in a business manners not in a teaching manners. Let's imagine she deals with the customers in the teaching manners, oh my God! I dont dare to think of it anymore.
Though she's older than me with a husband and a kid (dont know son or daughter), she's still very shy, not nasty like me!! She knows nothing about the field that she's jumping in. I'm afraid that she would feel being overwhelmed by the job soon since she has been an English teacher for five years and it's not easy at all to switch from education to business, especially, work with technical guys who are soooo technical.... in many ways!!
When I was trying to explain to her about things, procedures in the company, how and what to do, how to deal with kinds of problems and what manners should be used for each, she was listening to me so attentively. And then,....., she... SIGHED!!!!!
Oh my God, sighing for the first wokring day? I feel so bad for her.
We've been spending the whole morning in the office to get her familiar to things in the procedure and we spent the afternoon out to see some customers and supplier. Everything went well till the third one. We were on the turn to a big street to the office of the third customer and I was running like hell accriss the yellow light with her following. I easily passed the yellow light without being touched by any policeman though he saw me passing but I made a big turn so he was too far away from me to catch. but when I looked back to find t

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home