Friday, December 01, 2006

The Canada trip


Yes! I made it, the biggest trip in my life ever since.

I went there, I saw snow, I touched snow, I did the snowboard and I ate the snow too (not the yellow one of course!!!) We got there on Thursday late afternoon and his mom came to pick us up. I really had no idea but when I saw her for the first time, I knew I would be crying. I just didn’t know what for but the tears kept coming and I found myself happy to see them - the mother and the son hugging each other and crying together the happy tears. Since the first second I saw her, I knew I would have a great great holiday in this freezing land. That's my first day in Canada.

The second day? I saw a bank robbery!!! I am NOT kidding and I am NOT trying to attract any f&%$ing attention here cos it's true and it happened right in front of my eyes. We were hanging in a branch of a local bank to get some paper work done. Scotty was talking with the teller and I was sitting at the coffee table, reading some magazines and randomly looked up to see Scotty. Once like that, I saw him waving me like hell. I thought there must be something related to me about the bank stuffs so I came over and asked him if I could help something. Simply he said “Just stay close to me!" Oh.. ok! And then when we got things done with the teller, we came close to the entrance door where another work desk of another teller located to ask for some more further information.

Five minutes later, we were done with her. And there were we, on the way to the door to get out of the bank, I got stopped by a lady with the name tag on her breast saying "Office Manager".

- Did you see them all? - simply asked she.

At first, with my broken English, I thought she meant if we got all the questions answered or all the services provided or kind of "Customer Care", so I gave her an even simpler answer:

- Yeah, I saw it all! (COOL EHH? Do I sound Canadian here?)

But Scotty asked her back to verify the situation: What? What's going on?

And here we come the very very very first cultural shock for the little Moon came from the Office Manager in the simplest voice I could ever hear: "The bank just got robbed!"

My eyes opened as widely as they could and so did my mouth. My heart stopped for one sec ( cant be longer as if so, who's writing this, huh?) We left the bank in silence with my eyes still opened and my mouth shut and could not open again in five seconds ( sorry if I disappointed someone here as I am honestly too talkative to keep my beautiful mouth shut for more than 5 secs except for I am sleeping).

At the door, we saw a police car with a policeman in the uniform ( I'm sure it's to tell the robber that "Cops here, you move, I shoot!) coming into the bank. Of course , only the policeman, not both him and the car!!! And my first thing I could say after five seconds of shutting my mouth was "Oh, the police is fast here!". Scotty laughed over his head about that as you have no idea how slow and corrupted the police in Vietnam is. That's my second day!

The weather been so nice until Sunday morning. It snowed since I was sleeping and when I woke up, everything turned into white when I peeped out the window.

Oh my God!!!!!! The snow!!!!The snow!!!! The snow!!!! I jumped off the bed and ran like a 5-year old girl to the door and...and...and...and .....I TOUCHED THE SNOW!!! It's so different!!! Its like touching the snow in the fridge but it's not. It looked so amazing when everything around you so white. Like I was in a fairy tale. I ran everywhere, I touched everything, I felt everything and I tasted the snow. Sooo fresh!!! Like eating the icecream but no flavour though. No wonder why people who gets lost somewhere in the mountains often eats snow when they are hungry and thirsty. I can do that too!!! I like the taste.

I'm thinking of making some ice cream from the snow and all I gotta do is just to add in some flavour and colour to make it look more fun. I dont have to spend my money on making the ice, just mix the snow right in front of my door with some colour and flavour and put all of that mixture into the fridge, and an ice cream is ready right away!!! I will make a lots of money from this "SNOW ICE CREAM INDUSTRY". There we go, business idea!!!

Andy came over and we went out to play with the snow. It was sooooo fun and frozen at the same time!!! I snowboarded from a hill down to the bottom. Ok, well, it's not a hill but to me it is, ok??? And I drew a snow angel which looks pretty like Kalenka (I don’t know if I am spelling the name correctly but she is really cute and the name sounds soooooo....her!!! CUTE!).

When we came back, the house was full of people and when I got into the house with my wet bump from the snow, everybody became silent!! Oh my God! Scared me out there! Please keep talking! I am not that good at communication in front of whole bunch of people who I never met before. SO please please keep talking!!!! But that's just my wish as everybody still became silent and even better (or worse), a lady turned to me and said in a very friendly voice which still made me trembling like a cell phone in the vibration mode: "Hey,we come here to see you, not to see him" God!!! Save my heart!!! 5 mins later, everybody found another Moon In the house, a totally different one. I just could not shut my mouth for any longer and plus everybody was so friendly that I found myself being very open to them and I just could not stop myself from talking and sharing things with them. It was a really nice afternoon actually.

Everything came and went nicely after that. We did a lots of things together with his mom like shopping, visiting uncles and aunties, going to the mountains and swimming In the hotspring. Soo nice!!! I really enjoyed the whole trip and most of what I learnt was from his mom. I think I should call her " the amazing woman" and I will have to write another entry for her.

What else did I do? Ahh, I fed a horse! A real huge one! He ( or she, sorry I don’t remember) almost got my thumb though.

I also got a gift which I liked so much but at the same time, I don’t think it's a good idea to use them in Hanoi as the weather is so bad here. Guess what I got? A pair of cowboy boots!!!! Can you believe that? I love them!!! I can walk to the Moon with them actually! But not in this wet dirty weather in Hanoi though as I really don’t want to destroy them as I love them too much.

Ahh, I got my dream come true too! A sewing machine!!! I been wishing and dreaming about a sewing machine since I was a little girl, watching my mom sewing things for my dad and my sister and myself by her hands. It took her forever to get something done and normally, she was too busy with other works that if she was sewing a summer dress, it would get done when the winter was knocking on the door. And vice versa, if she was trying to get a sweater done for me, It would be ready when everybody wants to wear bikini to work it's too hot out there. I will make lots of things by that machine and my mom would not have to hurt her fingers with the needles any more. I love that machine though it's a bit complicated to learn how to use It perfectly. But I know that I can do It! Easy!!!!

That's it, short and long, my trip to Canada with so many things happened and so many things got learnt. I know that after the trip, I will have to sort things out and make some huge decisions about my next page of my life, but at least it's good to feel and taste something absolutely different from my daily life In Hanoi. And this maybe a good news for someone and for myself too" I love exploring new things in life!!!" Yahoooooooooo!!! Check it out and try it, adventurous girl!!!! I promise that the pics we took there will be posted soon.Now enjoy the Canada flag first ok?





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home